Friday, January 30, 2009

For Your Walls...

I have been looking at my collection of art and trying my best to get it framed and put on the walls of our home. I have been doing good, but I am always looking for new art to decorate the walls. I have been inspired by some of my favorite decorating blogs, Apartment Therapy, Design is Mine, and Designsponge, to name a few.

But you don't need to look far for something to spruce up your walls. Just check out some of the Craft Athens Etsy shops.


Cindy Jerrell of Black Cat Graphix has been one of my local favorites for a while. I love her style - to me it is like stepping into another time or place. And if you have ever met Cindy, you might think she looks like her art - and to me she does! I always love seeing her work grace the cover of Flagpole each October!


Joe Havasy is another local artist I admire. The amount of work he produces is unreal, and just check out the detail and color! I also like all the characters that Joe imagines. There is one for every personality! I check Joe's Etsy shop often because things are always changing, and I like to read his comic in the Flagpole, too.


I met Cathy for the first time last year. I have seen her art here and there downtown. Her Etsy shop is called Kitty Butt. Look at that little kitty! Just look at those eyes! Now I gotta go and give my kitty a great big hug.

No comments: